Meet Dr. Ry Bohrnstedt | Lynchburg, VA
Dr. Bohrnstedt is a 2009 graduate of West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. After completing a traditional rotating internship at Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine/Lewis Gale Hospital at Montgomery, Dr. Bohrnstedt completed his residency in dermatology. He served as Chief Resident during his Dermatology Residency Program at Lewis Gale. He continued to serve his community there in Blacksburg by providing patient care and teaching dermatology residents in training.
Dr. Bohrnstedt is passionate about caring for patients with long term, visible skin conditions that cause physical and emotional stress. He specializes in diagnosing and treating skin cancers. He is passionate about early recognition and recommends getting regular preventative skin checks. He also enjoys diagnosing and treating skin cancers before they become a bigger problem for patients. Dr. Bohrnstedt’s special interest in dermatology include:
- Managing Acute and Chronic Skin Rashes
- Skin Cancer Screenings
- Skin Cancer Removal
Outside the office, Dr. Bohrnstedt enjoys going to church, spending time with family and friends, watching his children play sports and helping to coach their teams. If there is any extra time left over, you can probably find him fishing, kayaking, or working on a woodworking project.
Learn More About Dr. Ry Bohrnstedt
- Dermatology Residency, Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine/Lewis Gale Hospital at Montgomery, 2010-2013
- Traditional Rotating Internship,Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine/Lewis Gale Hospital at Montgomery, 2009-2010
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine, 2005-2009
- Concord University, 2002-2005.
Honors and Awards
- Dermatology Teacher of the Year- Lewis Gale Hospital at Montgomery, 2015-2016
- Chief Resident- Dermatology Residency Program, 2013
- Published multiple journal articles in Cutis and The Journal Of American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Member of the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Member and Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology (AOCD)
- Member and Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- New Member of the Lynchburg Academy of Medicine (LAM)
“I am very passionate about helping patients with their skin conditions and early detection of melanomas and other skin cancers. I enjoy working with my patients to find the best solution for their skin. I am excited to be moving to the area to provide dermatologic care.”